And I wouldn't have it any other way. It's not painful most of the time now, but once in awhile, maybe once a week, there's a really sad and painful wave that goes through. Here are some pictures I had put together for a memory video of him that I posted on his IG page. IG post
I saw a similar post, the text and audio that gave me some comfort so I decided to finally make one. I spent a lot of that day in tears, but it was cathartic. I miss everything about him, his deep brown eyes that would gaze so lovingly into mine, the feel of his soft fur, how accepting he was of anything I wanted to do to him, be it put clothing on him, hats, pajamas, pig costumes, donuts, trimming fur around everywhere, he was so sweet and accepting, with just a big sigh that indicated he didn't like it but would let me do whatever I was doing without further complaint.
I miss the sound of his attention sneezes, his shaking, his paws on the floor, his little squeaks when waiting for meals or treats, his monkey-like noises of excitement before heading out somewhere.
I miss the feeling of calm that came over me when I held him, he was very much my therapy dog and emotional regulator. I could feel any stress/sadness I was feeling just slip away whenever I held him.
I miss our sweet boy. I hope he's having fun with Harley and Halmunee.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.